Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Top Five Wednesday - SEQUELS

I love watching “Top Five Wednesday” videos on YouTube, so I'm really excited to be finally making my own top five list! This week the topic was “Top Five Sequels”. So, in no particular order, my top five sequels are:



1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

This book was so exciting, it introduced some great new characters, was full of action and set up for the final part of the trilogy beautifully.


2. Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch

I love the Rivers of London series and I feel like people are not talking about it nearly as much. Peter Grant is a policeman working in London for a special branch of the Met – the magic branch. This is a really funny book, full of dry humour and a great follow up to the brilliant Rivers of London (or Midnight Riot in the US)


3. The Growning Pains of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend

Adrian Mole will always have a special place in my memory. This series is real comfort reading for me, and so I couldn't talk about sequels without mention this one.



4. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

I've only just read this, so maybe I'm including it because it's fresh in my mind, but I sat and read the whole thing over the course of one Sunday and loved it. I enjoyed the new characters that were introduced and I really felt like the story was being continued in an exciting way, so this book had to be included here.


5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K Rowling


I'm not sure if I'm cheating by naming the third book in a series instead of the second, but I think this might be my favourite book of the entire series. I loved the amount of character development that happened in this book, the plot kept me gripped the whole time, and it was the first Harry Potter book where I counted down the days until the release date. This one has a special place in my heart!

You can find the list of people participating in Top Five Wednesday at:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1608567-complete-list-of-wednesday-ers


2 comments:

  1. Prisoner of Azkaban is also my favorite from the series, mostly because we got Sirius and Remus and they are my favs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sirius and Remus but I have to say I ended up being fascinated by a greasy haired potions master! Being a Snape fan was so much fun when we didn't know his whole story.

      Delete