Search This Blog

Sunday 23 March 2014

Book Cake Tag

I saw this tag floating around YouTube and it looked fun so I thought I'd give it a go! The idea is you assign a book to each of the ingredients that go towards making a cake. I love cake and books so I had to do this, really.



1) Flour – A book that was a little bit slow to start off but that really picked up as it went along.


Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I wasn't sure about this one when I first started it but I ended up really enjoying it.

2) Butter – A book that had a really rich and great plot.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. (No photo because a friend of mine is borrowing my copy right now!) This one had me gripped the whole time. At one point I was reading it on the underground and when I had to switch lines I ran to my next train so I could see what was going to happen next!

3) Eggs – A book that you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable.


Night of the Living Trekkies. I bought this for a laugh. It was £1 and the title made me laugh, and being the zombie fan and Trekkie that I am I had to pick it up. I actually ended up really enjoying it! Not the world's deepest book but it was certainly fun!

4) Sugar – A sugary/sweet book.


The Princess Diaries. I actually had a really hard time with this question – I need to read more sweet books I guess!

5) Icing – A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.).


The Harry Potter series. I'm probably cheating by naming a series rather than a solitary book, but come on! It's got everything! Magic spells, daring sword fights, and a (half-blood) Prince in disguise!

6) Sprinkles – A book series that you can kind of turn to for a little pick me up when you’re feeling down.


The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13¾. The story of a 13 year old “undiscovered intellectual” living in the Midlands in the 80s and pining over the love of his young life, Pandora Braithwaite. A great comic book. This book is utter comfort reading to me. The entire series is actually, but I thought I had better not cheat twice!

7) The cherry on top – Your favourite book this year so far.


Well it's only march, so I haven't read a lot of books yet, but so far I have to say I have enjoyed Delirium the most.

So there's my list - which books would be on yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment