Search This Blog

Saturday 29 March 2014

Book Review: Pandemonium



MAY CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS FOR DELIRIUM

Pandemonium is the second book in Lauren Oliver's Delirium series. It is separated into “Then” and “Now” sections, with the “then” sections telling what happened to Lena directly after what happened at the end of Delirium, and the “now” sections talking about her involvement with the rebellion.

I always think going in to a second book in a trilogy that it is going to suffer from “second book syndrome” and end up just being filler preparing the reader for the end of the story in the third book. This however did not suffer from that at all. It was very enjoyable and I actually ended up reading the entire book over the course of one Sunday (who needs productivity anyway?)

We are introduced to some new characters in this book and I enjoyed reading about them all. I also thought that Julian was an interesting new character and again, although I went into this book expecting not to like him at all, I actually enjoyed his character a lot. I also think that Lena's character arc is really working here; she is becoming less naïve and innocent and is starting to make some big decisions for herself now.

We also get to see more of the world outside of Portland in this book and I really liked that. I always want to know about the wider society in dystopian books and so it was nice to learn more about the society in this one.


Pandemonium is a great second book and it definitely made me want to read the third and final book in the trilogy! Go get it!  

2 comments:

  1. I've read Delirium and loved it! I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Lauren Oliver is so talented, isn't she? Great review, Lisa :)

    +new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really enjoyed the series, if you liked Delirium you should enjoy the other two book as well!

    ReplyDelete