Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Top Five: Book Quotes

The topic for this week’s top five Wednesday is top five book quotes. I love this topic but it was so hard to narrow it down to just five! I went with the top five that came to my head, otherwise I’d be thinking about it forever and never write it down!

Here’s my list:

1. “Life’s great happiness to be convinced that we are loved”
Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

2. “Of course it’s happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it’s not real?”
J. K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

3. "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

4. “Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.”
John Green, Looking for Alaska

5. “In that part of the book of my memory before which little can be read, there is a heading, which says: ‘Incipit vita nova: Here begins the new life’.”
Dante Alighieri, La Vita Nuova

And a bonus quote that I thought was appropriate:


“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.”
― John Green

Top Five Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. LOVE The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Such a hilarious book. I don't think I've ever dog-eared as many pages as I did when I read that!

    ReplyDelete